Career Decisions

Job offer non teaching- breaking contract

>

guest2000

guest2000

Job offer non teaching- breaking contract
Old 02-05-2017, 03:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This is my third year teaching and I am miserable. I feel like I never have enough time with my family, Im constantly working, even when Im at home. My job is 1 hour from my home, so I am commuting 2 hours a day. Weekends are not really weekends because Im always working on plans, grading, paperwork, etc. I really just don't even like teaching anymore. The stress and expectations have gotten more since I started, not less. I really want to find a job closer to home that I can leave at 5 and not have to work for 2-3 more hours at home each night. Plus the administration at my school is absolute HELL. The principal is completely intolerable. So much that it has affected me physically. Like I am sick every morning, I hardly eat during the day, I have nausea, anxiety attacks. I just feel sick everyday that I have to go back to that place. Especially sundays, those are the worst thinking about having to return monday.
Needless to say, I have been looking for jobs outside of education and someone I know personally has offered me a position at a bank that I absolutely want to take. This bank has virtually NO turnover and it would be right down the road from my home!! I have been praying for an opportunity to open up and I feel like this is it!
Only thing I am worried about is my contract and leaving mid year. My husband says to state health reasons and resign, give 2 weeks notice. My contract says you cannot resign without permission from superintendent and SBEC with having your license revoked. Truth is, I could care less, I have no desire to even search for another teaching job. Please share your experiences with breaking a contract mid year!! Im not sure what I should say as my reason for resigning mid year??

ElemSped13

Old 02-05-2017, 05:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't know anything about leaving mid year but I would see a dr and get documentation. If you have a union, check with them. If you aren't concerned about your license, there might not be much else they can do.

Best wishes!!! My DH works for a bank and has an awesome set up. Great boss, great hours, some OT if he needs to finish projects but overall, I think he is happy.
ElemSped13 is offline   Reply With Quote