Help

Classroom Management

Table points.

>

MissAgnes

Table points.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I want to start using table points with my class, because whole class points are not working well with my students.
But I'm not sure how to implement this. I need an easy system that I can keep up with.
Help!

MissAgnes is offline   Reply With Quote

Dreamer625

Team Points
Old 02-16-2017, 06:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Put Team 1,2,3, etc. on the board. You could even do positive/negative points for each team. Team with the most points at the end of the day lines up first, or some other small thing. Team with most negative points/fewest points stacks all the chairs. It should be pretty straightforward; space to keep track and add/subtract as the day goes on. Start each team fresh the next day with 0 points. You could keep track of all the positive points and if the whole class gets to a certain number by Friday afternoon; they get a few minutes of free time.
Dreamer625 is offline   Reply With Quote

KatieViolet

Old 02-16-2017, 07:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Class Dojo has a group feature that allows you to give table points. Even if you aren't doing individual points, you could use it for the group feature.

I made mine a competition. Group with the most points chose a prize at the end of the week. They had to all agree on the prize, but it could be anything "within reason" (although I taught 6th grade--not sure what you teach) We had some set prizes that I chose, but mostly I let them come up with things. They were very creative. It had to be free or nearly free. Some prizes they chose were:
-bring a pillow/stuffed animal to have on your chair/desk for the day (this was THE most popular prize)
-bring a soda/sugary snack one day
-ice cream sandwich (from me)
-write with a pen for the day
-one free answer on a test
-scholastic dollar book (I used my points)
-take off your shoes while sitting st desk
KatieViolet is online now   Reply With Quote