Help

Classroom Management

Student Teaching and Managing Students

>

Christinalynn

Student Teaching and Managing Students
Old 02-10-2017, 05:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am currently student teaching in a fourth grade classroom. Everything is going extremely well. One concern I have is on classroom management. While I am able to keep the students under control I have a difficult time getting them to respond to my directions because I'm "not the real teacher" Any advice on how to establish a connection with them and to get them to listen to my directions and to manage them better?

Christinalynn is offline   Reply With Quote

dubby

Old 02-12-2017, 09:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'll be blunt and to the point: the reason the kids doesn't believe you're the real teacher is because you don't believe it either.

Part of classroom management is understanding that there is only one thing you can control: yourself. Before heading to class convince yourself that you're adult and the teacher. If you can't do that, then act the part.

Why isn't your co-teacher/master teacher helping you through this?
dubby is offline   Reply With Quote

travelteach

Old 02-14-2017, 02:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hi Christinalynn I am currently in a 2nd grade classroom and to manage my students during a lesson I implement a point system. My students love recess and if the students are not behaving the way that I would like them too I add a point to their table. Throughout the lesson I would take off points if they are showing positive behavior. At the end of the lesson whoever has points left over will get that many minutes off recess.
travelteach is offline   Reply With Quote

superteacher4

Old 02-19-2017, 03:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Hi,

I am a third grade teacher. One thing I think will help you in this situation is by having a discussion with them that you are as much of the teacher as your master teacher. They are old enough to understand this and have an open discussion with them.
superteacher4 is offline   Reply With Quote