Help

Career Decisions

To leave or not to leave..

>

Teddybear75

To leave or not to leave..
Old 02-21-2017, 05:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm a second year teacher in 7th grade SS. I love the school, co-workers, and curriculum. My kids stink this year and don't produce any work no matter how creative or fun I try and make it. Many of them always ask why they have to learn about the Middle Ages -
I tell them I don't get to pick what we teacher and they are just so mean to myself and others. My mom says I need to try a lower grade, but I am done.

I'm planning to move to NY in the fall and have sent a ton of applications to multiple jobs but haven't heard anything back.

I don't know if I should try a younger grade such as 4th grade or just completely switch careers. The standards in NY are much higher than MD so I would also have to retake my praxis again...

Please HELP

Teddybear75 is offline   Reply With Quote

PeaceLoveRun

Give it some time
Old 02-22-2017, 07:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Believe me! I know what it's like to have a difficult class that makes you want to quit! My class was TK/K. I think there are going to be problems with every grade and you'll have good years and not so good years. I definitely think you should try out some other grades and see what fit you like the best. I think you just haven't found your niche yet. Good luck!
PeaceLoveRun is offline   Reply With Quote