Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry

>

Vicary

Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
Old 09-17-2016, 07:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello Retired Teachers!

From the Retired Teachers Board on 9/16/2016

'What is something you taught every year in ##### grade that you particularly looked forward to and why?'

Please post your response on the Grade Level or Specialty Board you formerly taught!

I taught reading, writing and math to gifted fourth and fifth graders for many years. For my fifth graders, I loved teaching Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor. There is so much history to be taught along with the novel. Characters, plot development, writer's craft...all so rich. I always said "they" would have to pry that book out of my cold, dead hands before I would give up teaching that novel. I retired five years ago and never looked back, so I have no idea if any of the teachers who replaced me used the books and years worth of lesson plans and supplementary materials that I left in my classroom.

Vicary is online now   Reply With Quote

Tarheelgirl84

Me too!
Old 02-25-2017, 01:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Not retired yet, but I also teach Roll of Thunder and it is the highlight of my year. 13 years so far.
Tarheelgirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote