Help

Future Teachers

Nervous

>

cbaron

Nervous
Old 02-22-2017, 12:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I taught my first lesson of the semester today and it went so well! I had very few suggestions for improvement and I feel really good about it, but this morning, I was so nervous that I felt like I was going to be sick. How can I get over my nerves before I teach?

cbaron is offline   Reply With Quote

soccer_1213

Nervous
Old 02-22-2017, 06:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You could teach the lesson to a group of friends or act like you are teaching it to a imaginary class.
soccer_1213 is offline   Reply With Quote

SUteacher3

Nervous
Old 02-23-2017, 06:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am in the same boat! I think that nerves are normal, especially because this is something that we really want to succeed in! Even though we are doing well it is still nerve wracking because the expectations are high. I would be sure that you are very familiar with the lesson before you teach it. Envision what you are going to say and questions the students might ask! I always have a little sticky note of things I make sure I hit during my lesson. But mostly, I think that over time and with more experience your nerves will go down!
SUteacher3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Casual44

Old 02-28-2017, 06:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I as well have been nervous before teaching lessons, but I have taught it to other friends as well. I strongly believe in taking deep breaths before each lesson. If you have time before the lesson while at internship take deep breaths and make sure everything is set up before the lesson. That way, all you can focus on is getting the students learning.
Casual44 is offline   Reply With Quote