Future Teachers

Confidence

>

Tinks08

Confidence
Old 02-14-2017, 01:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi Everyone,
Being a student teacher, I find myself becoming nervous in front of my classes. I have created relationships with the classes and students individually, but I'm still nervous when I get in front of them. Any helpful tips??

Tinks08 is offline   Reply With Quote

SUteacher2

Confidence
Old 03-02-2017, 07:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I know it is hard to have confidence, but just be yourself. Everyone messes up during lessons and personally when I mess up I make a joke out of it and the students love that. You have to have fun with it, and if you have created relationships with the students then that helps you more than you think. Many students who you create a relationship will look up to you and not care if you mess up.
SUteacher2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lserafini

Old 03-08-2017, 11:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I use to struggle with this as well but I learned how to get over that. It is so important to be yourself. When I make mistakes during my lesson I laugh it off or make a joke about it and the kids love it. It is important for them to see as well that it is okay to mess up sometimes and that even adults do it still too. I also started looking at the kids like they were my friends and I was just talking to my friends which helped calm my nerves a lot too.
Lserafini is offline   Reply With Quote