Help

Future Teachers

Interested in becoming a teacher

>

NJ2017

Interested in becoming a teacher
Old 04-12-2017, 03:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

In college right now but just looking for advice on becoming a teacher? How did you know which grade you wanted to teach?

NJ2017 is offline   Reply With Quote

BritishPanda

Take advantage of field experiences
Old 04-21-2017, 02:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Teaching is a lot of trial by error. You learn a lot when you actually are given the chance to teach and work with students so that will determine what grade level is best for you. During my college classes, I did lots of field experience before I student taught. My advice to see how you feel working with kids in these field experiences.

I don't teach anymore, but I learned more about what grade level best fit me by trying different grade levels and seeing the different school environments. Getting to see the entire picture of what teachers do and what grade level communities are like help me figure out what best fit me and what didn't.

Overall the most important thing to remember is teaching is very subjective. The right or wrong way to teach isn't always clear since the definition is different for everyone. Just remember teaching in college experiences is different from how you'll be actually teaching in an actual classroom.
BritishPanda is offline   Reply With Quote