Help

Middle School/Jr High (6-8)

Sixth Grade Prizes

>

Sunflower1045

Sixth Grade Prizes
Old 05-02-2017, 08:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

What are some good prizes and incentives for sixth graders?

Sunflower1045 is offline   Reply With Quote

jady_marie

What is the event?
Old 05-02-2017, 10:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am having drawings for prizes for our state testing and teach 6th graders. If they do their best, their ticket is entered in the daily drawing. Prizes range from juice boxes to giant pixie sticks to an extra bathroom pass. 6th graders love anything. The bigger it looks the better.

As an incentive we have free time outside. We don't have recess, so this is a treat for our sixth graders. Lunch from your favorite fast food place if it is a small group who will earn the reward. Pizza for a larger group. Computer time or electronics day for 20 minutes is always a big hit. Kahoot game or other team game for great behavior or a go noodle.
jady_marie is offline   Reply With Quote

Beach Glass

Prizes
Old 05-02-2017, 05:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Cost is always a concern.

Here are some my partner and I have done:

free homework assignment in ___ (usually math)
skip one test question (again, specify or they will skip the essay! )
___ extra points on a quiz/chapter test/unit test, etc. I have a recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that make almost 5 dozen. When we've done raffles, I bag up 3/bag and those are real popular

We are out in a portable and to prevent kids from going in and out, in and out of the main building, we give them 12 passes each quarter. We are departmentalized, so this system is used by all the teachers in the grade level. At the end of the quarter, students exchange unused hall passes (the "passes" are actually documented at the back of their planners) for tickets. They put their name on the back. We collect over the course of the quarter a bunch of "stuff." Pencils, Easter candy gone on sale after the holiday, the items listed above, and whatever else we could get our hands on. My husband got a blanket for purchasing a bunch of Carhartt clothes and IT got put in the raffle!

We have a small container in front of each of the items (or piles of items as in the case of the cookies). The students put their tickets in whichever containers they want, and then we pull tickets for the winners.

It's been pretty popular.

We got some of our ideas by just asking the kids! They can be pretty inventive!
Beach Glass is offline   Reply With Quote