Career Decisions

My Student Teaching

>

RyFryGuy

RyFryGuy

My Student Teaching
Old 02-17-2017, 08:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am teaching circumference, I feel it is going well I am exhausted from 4 hours of sleep. I am student teaching, when all of a sudden my teacher stops the lesson and says we will be doing the reading assessment. I have no idea what to do? I am paralyzed, I want to make it! as a teacher but now I am questioning what to do I already accepted a Teach Grant and I don't want to back out of it. I need either some motivation, tips or some help because I am super stressed and I wish I could be anyplace else.

kpossible518

Student Teaching Sucks
Old 05-09-2017, 04:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Student teaching and your first year of teaching can SUCK. I remember I didn't even really feel like a teacher the first couple of years because I was just figuring out what kind of teacher I was going to be. If you still feel that teaching if the career for you, just give it some time and you will build confidence day by day and feel more comfortable in front of the classroom. Make sure to think about ways that you can improve and don't be afraid to ask questions about those things. It sucks to admit that you might not be good at something (for me it was organization) but when you learn from your fellow teachers you figure out what works for you. Honestly, it took me 3 years to get comfortable and really feel like a teacher.

I hope that your cooperating teacher later explained to you why the lesson was stopped...it concerns me that the teacher would just cut you off and then not provide feedback on what was not going well.
kpossible518 is offline   Reply With Quote