Did I Give a Weird Gift?

>

rknight87

rknight87

Did I Give a Weird Gift?
Old 05-07-2017, 11:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi,

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but I'm not sure where else it would go. I just finished up my senior internship in a 3rd grade classroom, and the team I worked with was wonderful. We often would order food and eat together as a team. My directing teach got to leave to pick up the food since I was there to watch the class. The team joked about how they would miss me because now no one would be able to leave to pickup food. As a thank you gift, I bought gift cards to Dunkin' Donuts that would pay for the whole team to have coffee and donuts. I put the cardboard tags that showed how much the gift cards were for in the thank you note I left, and put the actual gift cards in my wallet. I explained in my card that I kept the gift cards so that on a day and time of their choosing I would pick up the coffee and donuts and deliver it to the school. I didn't want to just promise them coffee and donuts, because I thought they would probably never feel comfortable contacting me about it. I thought if they could see that I bought the gift cards, then they would know I really intend to deliver the gift. Now I'm feeling concerned that perhaps I should have just actually given them the gift cards. I just knew that no one would be able to comfortably leave to go pick up the food. I'm going to contact my directing teacher next week to offer a couple days that I could come so she doesn't have to be the one to reach out. Was this a weird or inappropriate gift? I was trying to give something I knew they would enjoy that had a connection to the time I spent there.

lisa53

Old 05-07-2017, 01:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think that's an awesome and very appropriate gift. It shows how much you appreciate the whole team. I'm sure they'll appreciate it!
lisa53 is online now   Reply With Quote
rknight87

rknight87

Thank You!
Old 05-07-2017, 02:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you for your reply! It helped a lot.

LibbyRWindsor

Sweet
Old 05-15-2017, 12:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I think that your gesture was incredibly sweet and thoughtful. I am sure that it was truly appreciated.
LibbyRWindsor is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsWok

Old 05-16-2017, 01:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Very cute gift!!!! You did good

MrsWok is offline   Reply With Quote

Cat woman

Old 05-21-2017, 04:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I never check this board, but tapped on it accidently and of course, your title intrigued me. I think your gift is a great idea. They will love it! Very creative thinking, too

ETA I just noticed the date of your OP. How did it go?
Cat woman is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 05-21-2017, 05:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Just make sure to remind them if they didn't take you up on it yet. Or just check their schedules and ask if it is a good day to bring treats.

Sometimes using gift cards is the hardest thing!
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote