Might or might not have interview

>

Notsignedin99

Notsignedin99

Might or might not have interview
Old 06-26-2017, 04:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

So, here's the skinny:

My friend put in a good word for me to her principal. I don't know if or when he'll interview me. I'm supposed to leave for a four day vacation Wednesday.

I'm scared I'm going to be asked to come in this week.

My life...has been very stressful. Also, I still have to report to school for one more day. Yes, I am employed but my current job situation isn't good. I'm afraid if I don't go on this trip, I will have a nervous breakdown from all of my stress. Unfortunately, I'm not joking.

What if I stay home and I never hear from him?

I am losing my mind.

SpeedLimit62

Old 06-26-2017, 05:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'd go on the trip. You can't do anything about it until they call you and you set up an appointment. Are you going to have access to a phone or e-mail? I've had to schedule interviews for after a small trip in the past.. usually you can figure out a convenient time for both.

Hang in there. Take the trip for sure. I hope you can get some good rest and relax.
SpeedLimit62 is offline   Reply With Quote

aly7123

Old 06-26-2017, 07:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You should just go on your trip and make sure you check your phone and email. If nothing is set up yet, you shouldn't cancel your vacation just for something that might happen. A good principal will understand that you have prior plans and will work around it. Anyone who gives you a problem is probably someone you don't want to work for anyway.

I actually had something similar happen about two weeks ago. I received a call for an interview...however, I was getting married and going on my honeymoon so I wouldn't have been able to attend on the day they wanted to interview me. I offered to do a Skype interview from the hotel room but the principal was very understanding and said she didn't want to bother me on my honeymoon. She told me to contact her the first weekday I would be back (which was today). I emailed her earlier today and I now have an interview scheduled for tomorrow. If the principal contacts you, just explain how you have a vacation planned and let him know that you will be back in time to have an interview on Monday.
aly7123 is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 06-26-2017, 07:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Go on the trip. You can't plan your life around what may or may not happen. If you get called for an interview when you're gone offer to do it over the phone or via Skype.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Notsignedin9

Notsignedin9

Thanks everyone
Old 06-26-2017, 07:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have to agree, that's what I was leaning towards. Going on my short vacation. I'm afraid of them losing interest when I say I'm out of town and my friend resenting me for sticking her neck out but truth is I haven't heard from them yet. I will have my phone on me, hopefully they'd be open to a Skype interview if they insist on doing it this week. I agree that if they're not understanding it's probably not where I want to work anyway, I just don't want to let my friend down. Hopefully she would understand too.