Help

High School

Totalling tests

>

Ruhanjvr

Totalling tests
Old 07-19-2017, 10:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi. I am currently marking various language and literature short questions for my grade 10 English class. I have 180 students divided into 5 classes.

What I would like to know is what do you think would be a more efficient way of marking?

1. Finish all sections of a test (completing the whole test pile) and then totalling the tests?

2. Or totalling each test after marking it individually?

I am trying to waste less time in general and would like to hear what anyone thinks in this regard.

Thanks!

Ruhanjvr is offline   Reply With Quote

platypus

Old 07-20-2017, 08:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My unit tests are a mixture of multiple choice and short answer. I grade one page at a time. All first pages of tests and then second, etc and then I score them

My 9 weeks tests are straight short answer. I grade them all and then go back and score.

I find it easier and quicker to stay in one mode. Going through and marking up all the short answer and then going through and do the math.
platypus is offline   Reply With Quote

Mikhail

depends on test design
Old 07-22-2017, 05:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Some teachers I know go by one section at a time. They may start with all the multiple-choice and then narrow it down to constructed responses or vice versa. For me it really depends on what you're assessing by standards and that can mean one constructed-response question at a time. This may show information/insight that you might not see if you do it otherwise. Tally the points later, one section at a time.
Mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote