Help

Third Grade

Almost ready to go back

>

kahluablast

Almost ready to go back
Old 07-29-2017, 08:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

For the first time since maybe the 3rd year I taught I think I am ready to go back. The worst thing about being ready, is that I also am not stressed about going back. I have been in the same grade level for 4 years and I feel like I have a handle on things. Not that I am going to do the same things as last year, but I feel like I know the curriculum and have a general idea of what the year is going to look like theoretically. Same p for the last 2 years, so I have a good idea of her expectations. Same team member, although we will have another person with us this year.

Now I am going to worry about not being worried.

kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 07-29-2017, 08:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've had a not great summer and haven't really had time to relax. I don't know where my summer went (I say that every summer ).

I'm not ready to go back and I really do t want to deal with my P. Because I'm not ready to go back, I don't have the beginning of year excitement I get (I did t have it last year either). I miss that excitement. I want it back.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 07-29-2017, 08:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am not excited to go back! Just not dreading it like I have in the past. Usually at this point I wake up every morning counting down the days until I have to go back. " I have to do this, and this, and this, and I don't have time!" I am hoping that I will actually get excited since I am not dreading it. We will see.

For you, at least work will give you something else to focus on! I am working (well, trying to) on a project I started last summer and didn't finish. Of course, I have had all summer but just this morning actually did anything on it. And what I have done isn't much. I just need to start and then it will work out. Just gotta go actually do it.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

smannes

Old 07-29-2017, 12:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm ready to go back and go back on Tuesday. (The rest of the staff go back the following week.). I was teaching 3rd but am moving to a new role. While I'm ready to go back I honestly have no idea what to do when I go back and fear this might be a stressful year, although I'm hoping for the best.
smannes is offline   Reply With Quote

SusanTeach

ready
Old 07-29-2017, 05:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

That's a good feeling! I'm not "excited" to go back, but I know what you mean about not feeling stressed since I feel somewhat ready.

I had a rough year last year, probably tied with another time as my toughest group, so I was pretty exhausted and frustrated in May. I LOVE that it's always a fresh start so I have to say I'm excited about the possibilities of another group.

No worries!

SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

linda2671

I'm ready too.
Old 07-29-2017, 06:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I've actually been going in for the last couple of weeks, working on purging my files, and redoing my classroom library. It looks like I'm going to have a small class this year, and I really am looking forward to it.
linda2671 is offline   Reply With Quote

kathy

not ready either
Old 07-29-2017, 07:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

We can get in our classrooms, but they are still working on the restrooms. They gutted them all and it is taking longer to complete than they had thought. To go in too early means dust will be covering everything when we start on Aug. 16th. Also, I have had great fun with my 2 year old grandson this summer. This is my last year, so let's get it done, I suppose.
kathy is offline   Reply With Quote

LIDiane

Old 07-29-2017, 07:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Wow where do all of you teach? I don't go back till day after Labor Day here on Long Island but have been doing school work already.
LIDiane is offline   Reply With Quote

Ally

Old 07-30-2017, 09:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I feel my summer just started (I am a month in) but I can feel it picking up speed and I know it will be over in a blink of an eye.

I feel somewhat ready in that I have a similar grade (3/4, last year I had a 3) and the same great teaching partner. New principal but I know her and respect her so I am looking forward to that.

I just really don't enjoy September. I find it boring as we have to set up all our routines and procedures and practice them so much. I know for me, that is the best course, we practice, practice, practice and the rest of the year usually goes fairly well (there are always one or two who don't fall in line mind you!) but like I said...it is a big yawn for me.
Ally is offline   Reply With Quote

SusanTeach

Old 07-30-2017, 09:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Quote:
Wow where do all of you teach? I don't go back till day after Labor Day here on Long Island but have been doing school work already.
I'm in south Mississippi. Teachers officially start this Tues. Kids start Fri.

We got out May 24th, but we have a lot of holidays throughout the year, so our summers are probably shorter than some. We have 9 weeks off.

SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote