Anyone ever reapply to a district they quit? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

The Job Search

Anyone ever reapply to a district they quit?

>

VAtoFL

Anyone ever reapply to a district they quit?
Old 07-13-2017, 07:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was wondering if anyone had ever done this successfully. After a year teaching in Florida and not being able to pay my bills because they pay is so lousy, I'm seriously considering going back north. There are openings in both of my former districts. I left both on good terms, there was no danger of not being renewed. I have learned a lot since I left both, so I feel I'm a better teacher in the end.

I was just wondering if they put you on some sort of 'black list' if you leave

VAtoFL is offline   Reply With Quote

lv2read

Old 07-13-2017, 10:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think it varies depending on the policies of your district. I resigned from my district and their policy is not to be rehired for 2 years. Regarding your concern about a "black list", there may be an "unofficial" one however, since you left on good terms it would be worth it to try applying again. Good luck!
lv2read is offline   Reply With Quote

teenytiny

Old 07-13-2017, 11:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

If you left on good terms, there should be no problem reapplying. I think it would even give you an edge, since you'd have references from within the district and you have a track record of being successful there.

I would definitely apply! People leave districts all the time, unless you burned a bridge, there should be no problems.
teenytiny is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 07-13-2017, 12:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

It doesn't hurt to reapply! I know there is a teacher at another school in my district who left for a year and came back to work in our district. I'm not sure what the specific circumstances were of her leaving and returning since I don't know her that well and my first year in the district was also her first "returning" year, but it worked out for her!

Why did you leave the district in the first place? I think that would make a difference. For example, even if you left on good terms but the reason was that you wanted to relocate, I could see them being worried about you not wanting to stay there long term. Either way, you have nothing to lose by applying so you might as well give it a shot!
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

PeaceLoveRun

Yes
Old 07-13-2017, 06:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Not only did I quit, I personally asked for my job back from the superintendent! And I got it! I never did have to reapply. However, it was a small district. I have been successful in the larger district as well, but ended up not taking the position.

PeaceLoveRun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tounces

Quit and came back
Old 07-31-2017, 03:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Yes, I have gone back. It happens a lot. I could have taken a leave of absence if I wanted to, but I never thought I'd be back in the area.
You left on good terms, so no problem.
Tounces is offline   Reply With Quote