Help

Fifth Grade

Moving to 5th!

>

NoElephants

Moving to 5th!
Old 07-30-2017, 12:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hey everyone! I will be in 5th grade for the first time this year! I'm coming from 4th, so it shouldn't be too much of a culture shock.

Any words of wisdom?

NoElephants is offline   Reply With Quote

kaja4286

Old 07-30-2017, 04:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Sorry no words of wisdom--in the same boat here! Moving from 3rd grade (9 years) to 5th though. Excited but anxious! Good luck
kaja4286 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jip

Beginning of the Year
Old 07-31-2017, 04:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Welcome to Fifth Grade! I think you are going to love it! These kids are witty and independent. When you begin the year, they are very much fourth-grade students yet. They tend to ask permission for everything and are not typically comfortable with being self-reliant and responsible for their things. They also need a lot of help with organizing. Think about what is going to be required for next year: lockers, switching classrooms, packing supplies for room transitions. Your job is to prepare them to be independent and organized for next year and they need strategies. Fifth grade is also highly social. Watch out for Facebook and Instagram drama. Friends are extremely important. Some students are more mature and will begin wearing make up and moving towards teenager things. But, don't be fooled--underneath they are "kids" struggling to find their place. Be aware that many still believe in Santa and play with dolls secretly.
You are going to be surprised at their pace of learning. Lots of times, kids will know more about technology than you. I love their sense of humor, ability to get jokes/and joke around, and growing independence. They can be extremely empathetic. I adore them!
Jip is offline   Reply With Quote