Help

High School

Anchor Charts for Science

>

BioEducator87

Anchor Charts for Science
Old 07-17-2017, 12:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello! I would like to incorporate more anchor charts this upcoming school year. I will be teaching high school biology. Should I do the anchor charts prior to the lesson (or during) and have the students copy them in their notes OR should I have the students come up with their own anchor charts and have a little competition in each class to see who made the best one(s) and put their work on the wall? I would gladly appreciate any other suggestions!

BioEducator87 is offline   Reply With Quote

NavyHusband

Old 07-17-2017, 04:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am very tech savvy, so I make the template for an anchor chart that the kids can fill in as I go through the lesson, kind of like an interactive notebook but not as colorful and no notebook.

I used to just write out the anchor charts and tell the kids to copy it down and then we would spend 10 of the 50 minute class period copying the chart.

I like the idea of having a competition (I wouldn't advertise it as that though). How I might approach is lets say you are covering the zones of the ocean, you could split the kids up into groups and have them each make a chart about one zone, which they them present to the class (and if they missed anything you put in you 2 cents) and then you pick the best chart for each zone from all of your classes to hang up on the wall.
NavyHusband is offline   Reply With Quote

BioEducator87

Thanks
Old 07-31-2017, 03:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you!!
BioEducator87 is offline   Reply With Quote