Help

The Job Search

Question about possibly rescending resignation

>

lovemyjob2016

Question about possibly rescending resignation
Old 08-02-2017, 02:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Long story short: I was hired last school year and was not a good fit at the school. My principal said that it was possible that I would not be renewed for this year. He told me that they would support me to help me improve. They did not do anything to help me improve and seemed to be leaning towards nonrenewal but did not give my alt, mentor or myself any insight to their thinking. I ended up resigning instead of facing a nonrenewal.

I haven't been able to get another job so I was planning on subbing in different districts next year. Today I got a text from a former coworker asking if she could give my phone number to an alt that wanted me for a job. The position is for another school in the same district. Is it possible to rescind a resignation?
Thanks for your replies.

lovemyjob2016 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sowkat

Old 08-02-2017, 08:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hi! Sounds like good news Lovemyjob16! I would say that even though it's the same district since it's at a different school, you wouldn't need to rescind? They would probably just go through the same HR process again, which would be just some work on their part. Am I understanding it right? Anyway, congrats!
Sowkat is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 08-03-2017, 12:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I don't think it would make sense to rescind your resignation, because you wouldn't be going back to the same position. If you get this job they'll just hire you on just like any new employee.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote