Help

ESL/LEP

New to ELL Resource

>

teachn18

New to ELL Resource
Old 08-05-2017, 05:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have been teaching for 7 years in the classroom. I have lots of experience working with ELLs. This year, I will be switching to an ELL resource teacher.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

teachn18 is offline   Reply With Quote

SportingKC

Old 08-05-2017, 06:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have switched between being a classroom teacher to ELL Resource and back.

My number one suggestion is that communication is key. Remember what you wanted to hear from any teacher who pulls out students from your room...and try to do that. Things that I did included:
  • A weekly email to each teacher I worked with telling them what we were working on during the time that the student was not in the classroom. I always ended the email asking for suggestions (even if you think you know...how can you help the teacher help the student?)
  • Be on time - if you're not going to make it to pull a student, email the teacher and let them know what came up (I'm sorry...I had to translate for a new student/attend an ELL meeting, etc)
  • If you're asking for classroom interventions, make it as easy as possible for the teacher to implement. Provide the copies or resources that they'll need

But mostly just enjoy! I'd love to get back to resource
SportingKC is offline   Reply With Quote

teachn18

Thanks
Old 08-05-2017, 08:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you for the response! Which did you like more? Resource or classroom teacher? I feel like they both have pros and cons.

I have lots of experience collaborating and working with special education teachers within inclusion and resource setting so I think that will be helpful.
teachn18 is offline   Reply With Quote