Help

Third Grade

Imagine It

>

breskeak

Imagine It
Old 08-12-2017, 06:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have just been hired for 3rd grade. I briefly met with the principal & the instructional coaches. Monday will be Inservice & I'll learn more. I know the reading is "Imagine It." I have never used this (20 years teaching) & really have no idea what it all entails. I know there is a bulletin board where certain components should be there (web search) just not sure what & what should be on there for the initial set up. If anyone has (or is) used/using this would you please share what you know about it & maybe post pictures of what a beginning board looks like? I only have a minimal amount of time to get ready so ANY help will be greatly appreciated! TIA

breskeak is offline   Reply With Quote

RetiredKat

Question/concept board
Old 08-12-2017, 02:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

For the beginning of the year all you need to do is to have a space dedicated for the board. Divide the space in half with Concepts on one side and Questions on the other side. It will be a work in progress as you complete a unit with contributions from the children. When you complete a unit everything that was added is removed and the process is repeated for each of the 6 units. You will need lots of post-it notes for the children to use. You may want a table in front for relevant artifacts and books.

The Teacher Editions are well laid out by sections for each week. They are somewhat scripted so for your first year you can follow along or adapt as you see fit. As you go through the units you can use post-it notes yourself to comment on what worked, didn't work, or any other information you feel will be useful next year. HTH
RetiredKat is offline   Reply With Quote

breskeak

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2017, 02:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Great information! Thank you for sharing!
breskeak is offline   Reply With Quote