The Job Search

No Job Stress

>

JC90

JC90

No Job Stress
Old 08-14-2017, 11:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

So I've tried holding back, but it's nearly impossible at this point.

I've been trying for months now to secure a job as a new teacher. I've been interviewed on television for my work tutoring, I passed my credential tests with decent enough grades and scores, and I even stayed on long term AFTER to help out at my site I was at because I loved working with the staff there and they were happy of my work. Most importantly, I love working with students and helping them succeed!

Now though, I don't have a position that's mine, nor a school site. I've had almost no interviews for sites, even after applying to dozens of schools. I know budgets are tight and even subject matter classes are different due to needs. But seriously? It's gotten to the point where I don't even want to teach anymore: not because I hate it or hate children, but because I can't seem to catch a break with work. It's stressing me out a lot, and even just getting out of bed is hard sometimes in the morning. My family is worried about my stress I'm letting build up over it, but it's very hard to manage.

Any possible advice to help relax? I know things come in time, but my family needs support and help too. I don't want to settle and give up to have money or move forward, but what can I do?

Mikhail

do NOT give up
Old 08-15-2017, 02:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Things change. Be ready when it happens. Keep getting up expecting and keep looking. I know that the act of just doing the search has already turned into a job unto itself. Are you signed up to work as a supply/relief teacher? You know that opens to opportunities as a way to have your foot in the door.
Mikhail is online now   Reply With Quote

Clarity

If you get really desperate,
Old 08-15-2017, 09:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

there are tons of job openings for teachers AND subs up here in Northern NY.

I am kind of amazed at the small class sizes, too. I might even sub this winter, depends if I feel like it. I kind of miss the students, and they are probably a lot more manageable here.

Good luck in your job search!
Clarity is offline   Reply With Quote
NCtransplant

NCtransplant

Where
Old 08-15-2017, 12:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Where in Northern NY? Just curious, I left NYS a few years ago for a teaching job in NC...would love to move back eventually!
JC90

JC90

Thank you for helping
Old 08-15-2017, 01:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

No, in California sadly. I'm trying my best, yet hasn't gone too well lately. I've had a school tell me to apply to be an instructional assistant (again), but it's not what I really want to do. I love teaching, not just helping. And they would lower my pay by more than 2/3's, if I was lucky. I do appreciate the encouragement though, it's just been rough.

Coopsgrammy

Jobs
Old 08-16-2017, 09:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

So sorry the job situation there is hard. Utah and Nevada are short on teachers. Keep trying!
Coopsgrammy is offline   Reply With Quote