Help

Kindergarten

K4 and K5

>

Skimo

K4 and K5
Old 08-18-2017, 04:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This year I will be teaching a group of children that are pre-k and kindergarten in the same classroom. The class is small less than 6. Is there anyone who has taught this combination? I have 3 children right now could enlarge during the year. One pre-k and two kindergarten. The pre-k will be 5 in two weeks, and his education is at a 3 year olds. The two kindergarten boys education is at ending pre-k. Any help is appreciated.

Skimo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lakeside

Old 08-18-2017, 05:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I often sub in in an inclusion preschool, and we have both 3s and 4s. We'll do things like have the 4s practice writing their names while the 3s build them with Legos (letters are written on the sides).

The fact that it's such a small class will be in your favor, since you can follow the kids' leads a lot. The younger one will obviously be behind on some things, but may surprise you on a few things, and it will be good for the older ones to occasionally help the younger one, since explaining a concept to someone else solidifies your own learning.

You also might ask some Montessori teachers. They regularly have, I think, 3-6 year old rooms. They might have some great tips!
Lakeside is offline   Reply With Quote