Help

Special Education

Any SPED teachers use planbook.com?

>

Haley23

Any SPED teachers use planbook.com?
Old 08-13-2017, 06:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I've seen a lot of rave reviews here on PT! Part of me kind of likes having an old school paper plan book, but I can't seem to find one that both has enough spaces for separate classes/subjects (I teach 9 groups per day) and has big enough blocks for me to write in. The book I had last year had space for 9 classes, but even writing mostly in abbreviations and writing really small, it wasn't really enough space for me.

A lot of the "perks" I've read about for planbook.com don't really apply to me- we don't have to turn in plans or share them with anyone, and because of that I have no need to include state standards. Since I'm not teaching a set curriculum or even necessarily focusing on the same standards every year, I can't reuse plans from year to year, so there is no perk of going in next year and having this year's plans already there.

So I'm just wondering if anyone uses it specifically for SPED, and what do you like or dislike about it? For what I want to use it for, is it worth paying for the site or am I better off creating my own document?

Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

d0rkablex2

Old 08-13-2017, 08:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I tried to use it for a year, but it got too frustrating for me as a sped teacher. I taught a million groups a day (or it felt like it...) and I like to break down my groups into sections in my planbook as well such as (whole group warmup, centers, 1:1 groups, etc) so it was impossible to get planbook.com to logistically layout the way I wanted. I like keeping my lesson plans for the week on two sheets of paper side by side, and to fit everything I wanted to fit, planbook made my plans 8+ pages. I've fine-tuned my lesson plan template in Word a million trillion times over the past 7 years but finally have a template that is workable for me! I can change it up each year to "fit" my new group configurations/schedule. It's super time consuming to organize it at the beginning of each year/new schedule within a year, but once you have it just how you like it, it's very helpful. I've attached one of my many permutations in case it would be helpful! I based it off of a document I saw on here once 7 years ago and have been changing it to fit my needs ever since!
Attached Files
File Type: docx updated planbook template as of february 12th.docx (40.1 KB, 45 views)
d0rkablex2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 08-20-2017, 06:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks for sharing! I'm working on developing my own document based on what you shared. I did play around with the free trial of planbook.com and didn't really like the way it was set up- not worth paying for, even if it's only a small fee. Thanks again!
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote