Help

First Grade

Meet the Teacher

>

SaraFirst

Meet the Teacher
Old 08-04-2017, 01:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm looking for new ideas for Meet the Teacher night. I've done the scavenger hunt before. I saw photo booths on Pinterest. Any other ideas?

SaraFirst is offline   Reply With Quote

pausebutton

Old 08-04-2017, 04:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

This isn't necessarily fun, but it always helps me a ton and gets the kids acquainted with the room. I always ask students to bring their school supplies to Open House. When they arrive, they use sharpies* to label items that they keep in their desk, they put the supplies that are community supplies in the appropriate basket, and then they pick books from the classroom library for the book pack so they will have books for independent reading on the first day of school. Almost everyone comes for Open House, so getting all of that out of the way really helps.

* This year, I'm going to have a larger class so I'm planning on requesting that families label their supplies before arriving.
pausebutton is offline   Reply With Quote

Nunziata

Meet the Teacher night
Old 08-27-2017, 10:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

On the first day of school I always give my students a stuffed animal to welcome them and tell the students to take care of the animal as she loves to learn. Her name is Curiosity.

On Back to School night I give each of the families (one per family) a small token of our working together to help educate their child. I have used crystals, but I am out of them, so this year I found some glass flowers. I explain that their child is the flower and when we work together their child will grow and flourish.

I also hand out some articles that I think the families should read, such as why reading at bedtime is important. I ask the families to complete a form I created asking personal information about their child, such as bedtime, favorite color, siblings, what their child likes to do and likes the most, etc.

I wish you a very good school year.
Nunziata is offline   Reply With Quote