Kindergarten

Reading Block

>

squirrel612

Reading Block
Old 09-19-2017, 03:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

A few question regarding your reading block:

If you have a curriculum to follow, when do you have the students complete the corresponding workbook pages (we use Wonders)?

If you use a phonics interactive notebook, when do the students complete that?

Finally, do you break from whole group and go straight to centers or do you have the students complete some seatwork first?

squirrel612 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 09-19-2017, 04:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I use Wonders, although I use the word "use" very lightly. The only workbook pages we use are the printing practice. The rest of them I find useless plus I just don't like workbook pages in the first place.

I don't use a phonics notebook. We have what we call an abc notebook that's used with a set of alphabet stickers from Lakeshore. They complete that during centers.

I actually do my centers first, right at the beginning of the day, because I have parents come help and I find it's easiest for them to help when it's earlier rather than in the middle of the day. My partner years ago used to have her kids complete seatwork and then go to centers, but I hated how the kids would come to their center at different times. Anyway, I do centers, then recess, then whole group language arts.
Sbkangas5 is online now   Reply With Quote

Kinder1993

Old 09-21-2017, 08:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Info centers, and have the kids do seat work in a center. They have a certain amount of work they need the complete during a day (now...eventually, they will have a weeks worth in their folder) and they have certain centers they have to complete.
Kinder1993 is offline   Reply With Quote