Help

Middle School/Jr High (6-8)

children's innocence and appropriateness

>

Mikhail

children's innocence and appropriateness
Old 09-20-2017, 10:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

These lovely 7th graders are studying life systems unit and part of their activity requires them to define the term of word. One kid who was in the beginning stages of being a clown had said the word "orgasm" as opposed to "organism". It was apparent that he knows what he was talking about and he was looking for some response from those around him including myself. Thankfully those around him were too busy focusing on their work. He did not get that intended response. Or they probably knew but refused the immaturity this early in the year.

Mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote

Mshope

Old 09-22-2017, 02:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

When I was in fifth grade, I got called on to read in class. I must have said "orgasm" instead of "organism" also. A few students and the teacher laughed. I kind of laughed when I was corrected, but I didn't know what I had said until years later! Then, I felt really dumb. I truly led a pretty sheltered childhood. No internet and just basic cable...Aside from Judy Blume, our books were pretty tame also.

I agree that these days your student knew what he was saying! I love it when the other students ignore or look down on this type of immaturity.
Mshope is offline   Reply With Quote