Help

Substitute Teachers

Update: A better day/feeling vindicated

>

mooba1

Update: A better day/feeling vindicated
Old 10-03-2017, 01:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Today I went back into the belly of the beast, and for the most part, it was a tremendous improvement. Most of the day I had the "better" group, and even the obnoxious group was a bit more well-behaved. Mostly they were the same, but this time I didn't let the knotheads get to me, so they didn't have as much audience participation in their antics.

By the tail end of the day, everyone's meds had begun to wear off (I say that with complete sincerity; I'm not being sarcastic) and it was definitely time to go home.

The other teachers struggle to ride herd on this hot mess bunch, so I feel somewhat vindicated. Not that I wish struggles on anyone, but at least I know it's not just me.

Next up, I've been talked into subbing first grade this Friday.

mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote

twin2

Old 10-03-2017, 02:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Aw glad you had a better day. Subbing is so hard. I definitely understand that it can make a substitute teacher feel better knowing the regular teacher struggles with the same class.
twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote

spedder1

Yikes. First grade.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The lowest I go is second grade and that's a challenge at times. I sub for one friend who says a successful day is when only 2 or 3 children cry. I was very successful the last time I subbed a couple of weeks ago, then. It's a good group of kids, but I've been in the room, so they are familiar with me.
I start in my old self-contained special ed classroom in a long term sub job tomorrow. One of the paras has threatened a red carpet walk all the way to the classroom for me.
Have fun in first grade.
Kathy
spedder1 is offline   Reply With Quote