Teacher News & Opinion

Utah Cheerleaders

>

Agent007

Agent007

Utah Cheerleaders
Old 10-17-2017, 05:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Anyone here is surprised about the school reaction on this matter. Who recorded this, when or where is besides the point. These young ladies represent their school inside and outside. Do they have any expectations anymore? Please don't answer this question. What will it take for schools to give the natural consequences for this behavior. Administration is way more worried about making parents and students happy, keeping them entertained than teaching. They are more worried about selling football tickets, and letting students get away with bad behavior. Students know they have the upper hand and they know how to work the system. This is what happens when students have never ripped the consequences for bad behavior. Then, the pressure to either grade this students differently or just change their grades because they play a sport or are members or a certain club. I try not to even read the news about education anymore. I am so tired about the lack of integrity wherever I look.
People should call this school and express that harsher measures should be taken. This is not my school but I feel strong about the horrible attitude and behavior that these students have shown because my own students have done similar things and administration continues to find excuses to sweep it under the rug. I can relate to this story.

Any comments?

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...cial-slur.html