Help

Substitute Teachers

Thanks, but no thanks

>

spedder1

Thanks, but no thanks
Old 10-25-2017, 02:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My district has over 40 open positions in special education. We are short paraprofessionals and teachers. I am doing a long term in my old classroom and am having a wonderful time. I got an email from a friend who is a PT in the district asking me if I would do a long term in an Early Childhood special ed room. I had to email her and tell her I couldn't. About half an hour ago I got a phone call from the person in charge of subs asking me if I wanted to take a long term in a self-contained classroom in a middle school. I told her I was already in a long term. They are offering, on top of long term sub pay, a $200 sign on. In other words, stay until a new teacher is hired and we'll give you $200. I told her I'd love if I would have had that offer. She laughed. I was serious. Today was my 15th day, so my long term sub pay starts and is retroactive to the first day I subbed. I am excited about getting that extra pay. I am putting as much of it in the bank as possible. My car is a 2006 with 93,000 miles. It runs well, but is starting to nickel and dime me. I would also like to take a fancy, spoil me rotten vacation somewhere warm when this sub job is over.
Kathy

spedder1 is online now   Reply With Quote

twin2

Old 10-25-2017, 04:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You definitely need to look out for your own needs.

The need is so great for special ed. Special ed teachers definitely earn their pay.
twin2 is online now   Reply With Quote

broomrider

they may arrange the deal
Old 10-25-2017, 05:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

available in my state. You can be retired and if the job is declared a "critical shortage" you can get your retirement benefit AND your full teacher salary. You can also "unretire" from social security, I understand so you won't lose 50% of your money over $13,000 or so.

Don't know why people would want to go back to the day to day grind once they've had a taste of the retired life, but the money sure beats sub pay and a limited number of days to work.
broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote