Help

Intervention & Title I Services

Title 1

>

SubMan

Title 1
Old 10-13-2017, 02:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

When does your school start title 1 services? How many days into the school year?

Just curious.

SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote

cabernet

Old 10-13-2017, 04:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My former school started after Labor Day. Title I started teaching groups by the last week of September.
cabernet is offline   Reply With Quote

WGReading

Old 10-14-2017, 06:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My school is Title wide. Our reading team starts school benchmark literacy assessments (all 580-ish students K-5) on the 2nd day of school. Because of starting mid-week and Labor Day falling early in our school calendar, it usually takes the first 2 weeks of the year to finish those assessments. Week 3 my paras push in to classrooms while I analyze data and meet with grade level teams to develop intervention rosters. Reading intervention teachers and paras start working with their specific students on Week 4. [Many buildings in our district do not place students for interventions until after MAP testing is finished. In those buildings, they start later. In my school, we didn't finish Fall MAP until 10/6.]

Our math intervention teacher starts when we do, even though he doesn't do any assessments. I honestly have no idea what he does during those first 3 weeks. Whenever I walk past his room, he's usually reading or messing around on his computer. His para comes and helps my team with the literacy assessments.

SPED starts pulling students with IEPs on Day 2, per our district's mandate.
WGReading is offline   Reply With Quote

3monkeys

Old 10-17-2017, 05:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We are schoolwide Title I. We do benchmark assessing around the second week of school, then it takes another couple of weeks to do diagnostic testing and then group students for interventions. So to answer your question--about 3.5-4 weeks into the school year.
3monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote

TheGr8Catsby

Old 10-22-2017, 02:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I know I'm late. We start the first Monday of the school year, unless the first day of school is a Monday. In that case it's the second Monday.

TheGr8Catsby is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 10-22-2017, 04:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Ours take forever to get going. They started some groups about six weeks into the school year. They just started their full schedules a little bit ago, 2 months into the school year.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

luvtulearn

Old 10-29-2017, 06:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

It varies by grade level (K-5) since I do both pull out and rti. Most groups are going strong by or before Labor Day . We begin the year Aug. 7th so about 3-4 weeks after school begins. Kinder wants to start the second week of school so I can teach them to hold a pencil, walk in line, sit in a group, acknowledge an adult etc. . . I didn't begin until week 4 with them and boy did they complain to the P. I think Kinder should not begin READING intervention until Nov. All I do is front load!!!!!
luvtulearn is offline   Reply With Quote