Help

Retired Teachers

My first year with no Halloween madness

>

MKat

My first year with no Halloween madness
Old 10-28-2017, 04:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm not teaching, I don't have grandkids yet, my neighborhood doesn't have any kids and we haven't had trick or treaters show up for years. I don't work my part time job on Halloween. I'm officially skipping it. YAY!!!!

My friend and her DH are dressing up and decorating their car for trunk or treat at church and asked if I wanted to come. Not this year! I told her maybe next year....

Anyone else happy to be skipping the excitement?

Last edited by MKat; 10-28-2017 at 05:33 PM..
MKat is offline   Reply With Quote

lakey

Old 10-28-2017, 04:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I too am not going to experience Halloween this year. I retired in June and then moved in August. After many years of living in neighborhoods with loads of kids and teaching elementary school, I am looking forward to it. It should be a nice quiet night for a change!
lakey is offline   Reply With Quote

cvt

trick or treat
Old 10-28-2017, 08:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My neighborhood hasn't had trick or treaters for years and I haven't bought candy in years. However, one neighbor a few houses down has a huge house (10,000 sq. ft.) and turns it into a haunted mansion every year. It helps that they have a novelty franchise and have tons of Halloween mechanical creeps and creatures from past Halloweens. They held an open house for the neighbors yesterday and they did a great job making it really scary. This afternoon they had a big costume party for the kids and tonight (right now) it's party time for the adults. I've seen some adults walk by in very creative if somewhat risqué costumes.
I'm really glad I don't have to participate, and I also hope they keep the noise down.
cvt is offline   Reply With Quote

blueskies96

Old 10-29-2017, 02:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I've not "enjoyed"Halloween for years. I love the decorating and all that but I have such bad memories of dd1 not being able to handle the stimulation. It was two days of punishment for two hours of trick or treat.

Same with her son, he can't handle the excitement.

As a teacher Halloween was indeed from the old forked tail joker himself. We always had a virus go around the same week.

So glad to skip it and just enjoy pumpkin bread by ourselves !
blueskies96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sam5

Old 10-29-2017, 06:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Halloween was always exhausting in our school. Then my neighborhood used to get hit big time with trick or treaters. Last year after it was all over, I told my husband I am boycotting Halloween next year and I have! We moved into an RV and are not staying anywhere where there will be trick or treaters. I decorated for fall not Halloween. Our church had a trunk or treat for the first time, and I thought about it for 5 seconds and then said nope not this year!

Actually, my husband and I will be on a plane on Halloween for an overseas trip so it worked out perfectly.

In a year or two, when I have recovered from teaching, I may celebrate again, but not now!

Sam5 is offline   Reply With Quote

travelingfar

Me Too
Old 10-29-2017, 07:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I will not be celebrating Halloween at all. My neighborhood gets a ton of trick or treaters. Families from rural areas drive here and trick or treat on our streets. DH and I have gone out to dinner the past few years and avoided the whole thing. We will do the same thing this year. It is wonderful.
travelingfar is offline   Reply With Quote

teachwonder

I'm Weird
Old 10-29-2017, 02:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Ok, I'm the strange one! My house is remote so I don't get any trick or treaters. My good buddy's house used to be besieged by kids and I would always bring a bunch of candy and join in the fun. He passed a couple of years ago, and since then I haven't found any place fun to hang out on Hallowween. I always enjoyed seeing the kids. I skip the decorating so there is no stress for me. One night of fun and then it's done. Sigh....
teachwonder is offline   Reply With Quote

crazy4catz

Old 10-30-2017, 03:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I will be volunteering at the NICU and DH will not hand out candy. I will not miss the craziness of school and we didn't even have parties.
crazy4catz is offline   Reply With Quote

DodgersFan

Halloween Madness?
Old 10-31-2017, 12:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Yes. World Series Game 6.
DodgersFan is offline   Reply With Quote