Help

The VENT

Halloween

>

NewTea'cheer'

Halloween
Old 10-31-2017, 04:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I should've stayed home today. I have no patience for all of this Halloween crap with kids all dressed up and acting like fools today. I don't even have a classroom of kids and our day just started but I've already had enough. Just adding that it's really the 5th and 6th graders that I've had enough of.

NewTea'cheer' is offline   Reply With Quote

arsabl

Halloween
Old 10-31-2017, 04:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have parking lot duty this morning. It should be hilarious watching some of these kids getting out of their cars in costume. It will also be crazy because parents won’t pull forward since their kids can’t walk well while in blow up sumo costumes. We’ll deal with this ALL DAY LONG!
arsabl is online now   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 10-31-2017, 04:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I didn't like yesterday, either. And I am going to hate Wednesday, too.

I had a parent who sent me a message, "If you are not having a party after the parade, can I check my sweet little darling out and take her home?" So a party she would stay for? Instruction she won't? That ticks me off so much. We are doing fun stuff after the parade, but we are not having food or stupid games. Grrrrrr. Please take her home.
kahluablast is online now   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 10-31-2017, 05:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

For all us teachers on Halloween and on Nov 1st!
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 10-31-2017, 05:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

No costumes at our school, thank goodness. But, the kids will still be nutty and goofy. Tomorrow will be worse. I had a kid tell me mom was pulling her out from 1:00-2:00 to trick or treat at her office and then bringing her back to school for our party. Huh?

GreyhoundGirl is online now   Reply With Quote

HoHumBeachBum

No, no, no, and no.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Halloween in high school. Ugh.

"Are you gonna give us candy today?"
"Can we just do nothing today?"
"Can we watch a movie today?"
"Can we sit wherever we want to today?"
"My fake blood is running off. Can I go to the bathroom?"
"Can I go to the bathroom and put on this eyeliner?"
"I can't wear a hat?" (not any kind of costume--just wants to wear a hat)
"Can I leave (your class) to go take pictures for yearbook?"
"I'll be in the library for the first twenty minutes of class to get my picture taken for the yearbook. That's alright with you?"
"Can you make our homework due Thursday 'cause I can't do it tonight if I'm out trick-or-treating."

Ugh.
HoHumBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote

eeza

day off on Halloween
Old 10-31-2017, 12:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I did this for the last few years before I left the classroom. Nothing was going on academically, so my presence wasn't really needed. A sub could take care of everything. I figured that if I was going to take a personal day, then this would be the day to do it because the amount of lost learning time was minimal.
eeza is online now   Reply With Quote

spedder1

No Halloween
Old 10-31-2017, 01:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

We don't do Halloween during the school day. The PTO has a Halloween Dance and Spooky Reading before Halloween (last Friday this year). The kids can dress up in their costumes (no look alike weapons) and have snacks and dance. We have a "Fall Harvest" sort of party on Halloween. Today I put Halloween kid's stories/music on the Smartboard. We played a Halloween Bingo game and ate treats brought in by the PTO. I am now sitting at home watching tv, stalling on writing an IEP for a meeting at 1:00 tomorrow afternoon. I need to get going on that. I may run to the store for Halloween candy to eat while I write the IEP.
Kathy
spedder1 is offline   Reply With Quote

AprilDelight

Am I lucky or not?
Old 10-31-2017, 01:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I got a jury summons for today. I'm somewhat relieved and yet feel somewhat guilty for leaving Halloween for a sub! Thank goodness she's a sub who knows what she's doing, knows the kids and will make good day of it. Still!!!!!!!! lol
AprilDelight is offline   Reply With Quote

Alaska35

Halloween
Old 11-03-2017, 04:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

When I was teaching, I dreaded the Halloween party. The students were allowed to wear their costumes to school. The middle school next door was connected to the building where I taught. The day started off with a parade at 8:30 between the two buildings. This involved the students in my school parading through the halls of the middle school and then vice versa. Needless to say, it was a wild day.

This is what I started doing to get through the day. After the parade, I had structured activities to complete together. I taught second grade. The time period I needed to fill was about an hour and a half. Then, I would have a Halloween hot dog lunch. I cooked the hot dogs in a crock pot. After the lunch, the students went to recess. I always prayed for good weather so the children could go outside!🙏🏻🙂

When recess was over, I let them watch a movie until activity time. After activity time, they finished the movie. I tried to choose a movie that would fill up as much time as possible to get us to the end of the day.

This is what I came up with to get through the day. I hope this might be helpful for some of you.

Alaska35 is offline   Reply With Quote