The VENT

I had a bad day

>

Myfault

Myfault

I had a bad day
Old 10-30-2017, 10:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

You have to love parents who teach their child they are gold and couldn't possibly do anything wrong. Ugh!

I have a student who, while a sweetheart, NEVER STOPS TALKING! I'm convinced he even interrupts himself to start new conversations.

After multiple redirections by 8 am, school officially begins at 8:15, I'm quick to shut him drown once instruction starts. He receives hand signals as reminders, I sometimes try avoidance, I remind while class of being kind listeners and go over talking procedures. Yet, he still NEVER STOPS TALKING. Naturally, he ends up with some form of consequence due to the talking.

Every time he receives a consequence this is what I hear, "Did you have a good day yesterday with your family, Ms. K? Was your husband nice? Was your kids nice? I hope you had s great day. How was your day?"

Why, because parents have informed him that if he's in trouble it's because the teacher is apparently fed up with their life. Not that they have about lost their ever loving mind from his non-stop talking and his non-stop interruptions!

My answer, "I had a perfectly lovely day yesterday. Though, my head starting hurting around 8 this morning. "

TeacherPK6

Old 10-31-2017, 02:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm so sorry for this frustrating behavior. I also often don't know what to do when everything I've tried doesn't work to control the talkers.

This did make me life...only because I can relate with some of my own students!

Quote:
I'm convinced he even interrupts himself to start new conversations.
TeacherPK6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rkhnd

I 2nd that
Old 10-31-2017, 03:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

"This did make me life...only because I can relate with some of my own students!#

Quote:

I'm convinced he even interrupts himself to start new conversations."

Where's the like button when you need it?
Rkhnd is offline   Reply With Quote

Summerwillcom

sorry! I have 1 like that too this yr
Old 11-04-2017, 01:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

He loses his train of thought after talking nonstop and switching to a new conversation often when no1 is listening! It has gotten real annoying...real fast! He thinks every direction I give is a conversation starter. If I just say, "Put the ___away, " he starts with "Yeah, but _____." He is not even aware until I bring it to his attention.

I'm convinced he even interrupts himself to start new conversations." Your words describe his twin who lives here.
Summerwillcom is offline   Reply With Quote