Help

Retired Teachers

Amazon Echo

>

Beach Glass

Amazon Echo
Old 11-02-2017, 07:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have an aunt who is 95 and now completely blind due to macular degeneration. She just recently moved into an assisted living center because of the result of complete blindness. (How she has lived on her own in the huge historic house she had is beyond me, but that is another story.)

I don't get to see her often as I live on the opposite side of the country, but the family gathered for a funeral of an aunt on the other side of my family.

A friend of hers gave her an Amazon Echo. The center hooked it up, and what fun it has been!!

She really didn't know how to use it, so we thought it would be a great idea to explore its possibilities. WHAT FUN WE HAD! Throughout our conversations, if a question came up about anything, we'd say, "Let's ask Alexa!" By the end of our visit, she realized what an amazing resource it can be for her!

What a wonderful resource for the blind!

Beach Glass is online now   Reply With Quote

LindaR

Old 11-02-2017, 07:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Yes, we have had lots of fun with our Alexa, too. Our daughter gave it to us as an anniversary gift, but we had no idea what it was. We are still learning more about how to get the most use out of it.

When we get home from a trip, we like to ask Alexa if she missed us. Try it and see what she says to you!

Ask her if she has a boyfriend

You can also ask her to tell you a joke

How special for your aunt, as well as the entertainment Alexa provides for her visitors!
LindaR is offline   Reply With Quote

connieg

Old 11-05-2017, 07:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I can't think of a more perfect use of the Echo! Thanks for your mentioning this story.
connieg is offline   Reply With Quote