Help

Intermediate Grades (3-5)

NGSS Resources

>

carrieSAtoUSA

NGSS Resources
Old 11-02-2017, 06:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I currently teach 4th and 5th Grade Science in Thailand and we just started with NGSS. I have not been trained in this and am frustrated with the lack of order. The standards are pretty clear, but there is SO much information out there, that I am not sure how to put everything into understandable, or clear, units for my students.

Does anyone have any information on textbooks, or websites that I can use to help me. My school is prepared to look into signing into websites or buying textbooks if there is something good that we can use.

I have looked at the Science textbooks on Discovery Education which seem quite good. I have also worked with Betterlesson.com, which has some great ideas but there are almost too many ideas lol.

Any help here would be fantastic! Thank you.

carrieSAtoUSA is offline   Reply With Quote

SportingKC

Old 11-04-2017, 07:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I love these NGSS expectation cards that help me make sure I'm teaching exactly what needs to be taught: http://www.bozemanscience.com/ngss/

I also use MysteryScience.com for a lot of my lessons. The kids LOVE the lessons and are engaged. It's not really a curriculum but they are creating new content and releasing it as it's created. They just released a bunch of STEM activities that look pretty good. I know a lot of districts in my area are starting to use it to supplement nonexistent science curriculum.
SportingKC is offline   Reply With Quote

carrieSAtoUSA

Cards
Old 11-04-2017, 06:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

THANK YOU!!!! It seems like we teachers need to stick close together during this and help each other with what we have, seeing as we have nothing better out there lol! Thanks for sharing!
carrieSAtoUSA is offline   Reply With Quote

arctichare

Mystery Science and TCI
Old 11-05-2017, 05:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Our district uses TCI as its adopted series to teach NGSS, but I supplement with activities from Mystery Science. The kids love it!
arctichare is offline   Reply With Quote