Help

First Grade

Lack of Student Motivation

>

advicelady

Lack of Student Motivation
Old 11-06-2017, 06:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This year I have so many students that lack motivation. They lack the motivation to ask for help, to try on their own, and some even lack the motivation to write their name on their papers.
I need some advice for how I can help them to care or to motivate themselves because I find I get so frustrated, especially when they don't ask for help or try. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

advicelady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tiffany

Motivation
Old 11-19-2017, 04:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What is your end goal? You want them to be motivated to complete work, right? I use punch cards. There are free ones online. When a student completes work, neatly and on-time, he earns a punch on his card. When the punch card is full, he can trade it for a prize. Prize examples might be extra time on the computer, lunch with a friend in the classroom, a new pencil, walk with a friend in line for a day...This works for me. The kids keep their punch cards in their work folders and are excited every day to see how many punches they earned.
Tiffany is offline   Reply With Quote