The VENT

Non re-elect/resign

>

yasinbey

Non re-elect/resign
Old 11-03-2017, 08:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi All
I received a non re-elect during my 2nd year probation, but advised to resign which I did due to a poor stull. I am currently applying at other school districts but I have been hesitant to submit my application due the question regarding resigning due to a non re-elect.Please advise, is there life after non re-elect? Thanks

yasinbey is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 11-03-2017, 08:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Yes, just put “not a good fit with the building”.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

TheTrunch

Yes
Old 11-04-2017, 09:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Keep trying! I know a young teacher who was asked to leave after just a few weeks and we all advised her not to even include that in her resume because it was so short. She ignored us and did. The superintendent interviewed her and heard the whole story and reassured her they would never treat her so unfairly. She was hired! I wouldn't go into detail if you don't have to, but go for it.

My neighbor is a principal and worked in admin in the district office in the most prestigious district in my area. He quit to become a principal because he knew how cruddy they really were. SO imagine you were applying to him and you came from that cruddy district.

There are so many scenarios. Go For It.
TheTrunch is offline   Reply With Quote

yasinbey

Old 11-04-2017, 02:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

THANK YOU for your encouragement, it is appreciated its been devastating to receive the non re-elect after all the hard work and sleepless nights. But regarding the application, do I simply fill in a "no" to those questions?

happygal

Sixthcontract
Old 11-05-2017, 12:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

2 non re elects, resigned from 3 separate contracted positions. Im teaching full time again.

Don't worry. Don't go into detail about past jobs.

Good luck. Be confident and likable.

happygal is offline   Reply With Quote

FashionGirl

Go with your instincts
Old 11-07-2017, 06:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Just be honest with yourself and state what you think is right on the application. If a school likes you and you have the right cert. you will be hired.

I was non-renewed from two different schools due to reduction in force/budget cuts..However, I started working in a new school in Sept. and it is awful.
I had my first observation and it was a disaster.

I knew right away that I wasn't a good fit in this school and I know I will be non-renewed, but I can't go through it again, so I have decided to submit my letter of resignation at the end of this month. I will break contract and give 60 days notice so I won't have to deal with the stress and humiliation of another non-renewal. I will also put resign on my applications next year, but I think I am pretty much done with teaching.
FashionGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

MAsped

Old 11-08-2017, 07:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

yasinbey, I've been non-reelected to. I hate it too, but I guess you have to answer the application question truthfully. I notice they're VERY specific these days and ask, "Have you ever been non-reelected and resigned?" Yikes. So I guess we have to say YES? I wish we didn't, but I'm sure they can easily find out if we lied.

Yep, NOT A GOOD FIT is usually a nice answer, but what if they ask you to expand on that? I still don't know what the perfect answer is.
MAsped is offline   Reply With Quote

yasinbey

Old 11-08-2017, 10:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Thank you for your encouragement, although it was a devastating experience, that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Its all about your mindset!

yasinbey

Old 11-08-2017, 10:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

thank you for your response, and sorry to hear about your circumstance. hope all works well in your next endeavors!

yasinbey

Old 11-08-2017, 10:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Thank your feedback and sharing your experience with a non-re-elect. I've submitted a couple application and if they ask, honesty is the best policy. I felt I needed more time to develop in the profession as I am confident in my skill set. I hope my next admin will allow that.