Help

Teacher News & Opinion

School Lockdown

>

QueenBee2011

School Lockdown
Old 11-16-2017, 02:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My sister just phoned me from Grass Valley. She was very shaken.
She had 21 kindergarteners by herself during a lockdown for an hour. She said it was very hard to keep herself from getting upset. She had the children crouching under the windows. A big bang hit the door and thankfully it was a member of the swat team making sure they were all okay.
Interesting thing is that she and I were talking about the recent school shooting and I asked her if her school has done a lockdown drill. It hadn't, but she said that after that recent shooting, a couple of days ago, she herself began to plan. Thank goodness she had because she needed her plan.
I also need to add that this is my sister's first job as an aide at a school. She was on her own with those 21 kinders and she did so well. I'm really impressed.
I think it's a good idea to plan and know what you would do in case of an emergency. I know we practice, but our rooms change from year to year as does the number of students we have. I know some of us get annoyed with the drills, but now I know I'm going to put some real thought into a lockdown. I don't ever want to get caught off guard.

https://www.theunion.com/news/author...d-on-lockdown/

QueenBee2011 is offline   Reply With Quote

RetiredKat

Another one today
Old 11-16-2017, 03:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

One of our high schools had a lockdown today too. Someone with a rifle shot off 30 rounds near the school and hit two homes. Earlier this week a coach and an asst. coach were suspended from a private school. They had an argument and the coach pulled a gun. He was arrested. Later they discovered the asst. coach also had guns on campus. How depressing and how sad.
RetiredKat is offline   Reply With Quote

QueenBee2011

Retired Cat
Old 11-16-2017, 04:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That makes me sick
QueenBee2011 is offline   Reply With Quote