Help

BusyBoard

Good adhesive to mat watercolor paper?

>

SunShining

Good adhesive to mat watercolor paper?
Old 11-25-2017, 04:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We mat all our students' artwork on black for the district art show at the end of the year (plus they look so nice!), and I've always used the Extreme gluesticks by Elmers which has worked great. I'm trying to mat a project we did on watercolor paper, and the glue just won't stick well. I'm guessing the watercolor paper is too rigid and thick.

Does anyone else mat artwork that has a suggestion? I googled and found that someone recommends a spray adhesive, but it's cold amd I want something I can do inside by the fire while watching Netflix.

SunShining is offline   Reply With Quote

Zephie

Old 11-25-2017, 04:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We use liquid elmers glue. Trace a thin square around the outside edge and it'll stick forever.
Zephie is offline   Reply With Quote

Ucan

Go with the Spray
Old 11-25-2017, 06:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have used a spray adhesive by 3M that is good for almost all materials. While it does need to be used in a well-ventilated area, it would cut your work to a fraction of the time, as compared to using any glue from a bottle or squeeze tube.

Although you may not be on the verge of burn-out (like many others), I would still strongly advise against bringing work home as much as possible. If absolutely necessary, do it outside when the sun is out - it will only take a few minutes. Then go back inside and enjoy your movie with family or friends.
Ucan is offline   Reply With Quote