Help

BusyBoard

Chromecast

>

angelajw

Chromecast
Old 12-07-2017, 12:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We have outdated smart boards at our school. We are looking into purchasing new technology. What is the best option? Update the smart board projectors? Large (65-70) flat screen tv? Add Chromecast to broadcast? What are the benefits to using chromecast or an appletv? I understand that the students and/or teacher can broadcast but so can the computer that is connected to the smart board.

angelajw is offline   Reply With Quote

Dididoit

Dididoit

Technology
Old 12-08-2017, 01:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Our school uses Mimio products. I have a bar that attaches to my whiteboard. When I project anything onto the whiteboard, I can use the Mimio Stylus to interact with the items on the screen like a mouse. There is also a program that I can use to create interactive lessons.

ladybug12

Old 12-08-2017, 02:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We have had flatscreen TVs for several years now and I love mine! Our school purchased Chromecast, but you can only display one internet tab at a time so it is somewhat limiting (like I couldn't use my document camera because that displays on my desktop, not the internet). So I bought an Apple TV to use with my laptop (to use instead of Chromecast). Now I can show my desktop and document camera, as well as any internet tab. It's great because I can have music playing on Pandora, while showing papers on the document camera, and anything on the internet I'd like to display. I love it!!
ladybug12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jenny

Old 12-08-2017, 06:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We switched to flat screen tvs over the last few years, with an apple tv attached. Mostly because the ongoing cost of projector maintenance was a pain, but also because the screens are better to look at when it is sunny outside. Apple tv or chromecast really depends on the devices you will be using. If everything is mac, then go apple tv.
Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote