Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Weird twin things

>

linda2671

Weird twin things
Old 12-07-2017, 05:03 AM

I have a twin sister. Several times in the past, we have bought each other the same Christmas present without knowing what the other one bought. Once, we wallpapered our kitchens with the same wallpaper without knowing that the other on was doing it. Yesterday, I was texting with her after my flat tire fiasco and I told her that I had come home and made myself a grilled ham, turkey and havarti cheese sandwich. She said, "Oh my gosh! That's exactly what I had for lunch. Seriously!" She said she had never tried havarti cheese before, and had just started eating it. Really, who eats exactly the same sandwich, right down to the same 2 meats and cheese? And we aren't even identical twins.

linda2671 is offline   Reply With Quote

h0kie

My dad was a twin
Old 12-07-2017, 05:19 AM

My dad and his brother (identical twins) would do stuff like that. They were a hoot.

I could never tell them apart on the phone by their voice. It was always by the first thing they said to me (How was school? vs. Where's your Mom? )

I find twins fascinating. What a neat bond to have with another person!
h0kie is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 12-07-2017, 05:39 AM

Thatís so cool. Iíve always wanted to be a twin.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

twinmom95

Old 12-07-2017, 01:55 PM

My boy/girl twins lost the same tooth within minutes when they were little and eating apples. The thing is that neither one really noticed, and I found one tooth on the rug and never found the other one (swallowed??)...so we we're never sure whose tooth it was
twinmom95 is offline   Reply With Quote

time4class

second sister
Old 12-07-2017, 03:33 PM

My second sister and I live in different provinces and rarely see each other. When we get together we often notice that we have bought exactly the same things. When people talk with us they feel our expressions are exactly the same.
I think the sandwich coincidence you had is very cool!
My youngest brother and my youngest son have never lived close to each other and only see each other at most once every couple of years. They have the same voice, actions and expressions.

time4class is offline   Reply With Quote

apple annie

Not twins, but...
Old 12-07-2017, 05:27 PM

Over Thanksgiving, I was able to meet my son's girlfriend's family, including her younger sister. Although they are nine years apart, they have the same walk, stance, mannerisms, and laugh. And what's funny is, there are six kids in the family, but only the fourteen year old seems to have that uncanny resemblance to her big sister.
apple annie is offline   Reply With Quote

PPCDTeacher

Old 12-07-2017, 05:27 PM

My sister and I do that sort of thing all the time- we always have.
PPCDTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 12-07-2017, 05:32 PM

I've always thought it would be so cool to be a twin! The past several years, I've had a set of triplets on my sped caseload. They're all in different gen ed classrooms, but I pull them out together for my sped class. They always know when one of the others isn't feeling well, even if they'd all been fine in the morning and haven't seen each for hours. Several times over the years I've picked up one and he's said something like, "Is ____ in the nurses office? I think his stomach hurts" or "I think _____ needs his inhaler" and he's right every single time! It's happened too many times to be a coincidence. I find the whole thing fascinating!
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Smurfyteach

Yikes!
Old 12-08-2017, 04:49 PM

Yikes!! I am wondering why you would put those two meats together?? Ewww!! Never thought of that combo. And I just tried Havarti cheese for the first time yesterday- pretty good!!
I have always been fascinated with twins also..... my best friend is a twin but her and her sister hate each other and now do not speak (which I think is terribly sad!)
So my point is.... ENJOY the relationship.
Next time, lose the meat thing. Try a VEGEMITE sandwich-or on warm buttered toast WITH cheese on top or alone. Best spread ever!!!! Betcha your twin will never think of that.
Be Smurfy
Smurfyteach is offline   Reply With Quote