Help

First Grade

Christmas party ideas

>

bobcat

Christmas party ideas
Old 11-27-2017, 06:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Last year I had a small, well-behaved class. For our party, we did lots of Minute to Win It games. It got a bit rowdy but the kids calmed down easily so I didn't mind. This year I have a large, emotional group and can't see doing this type of party. I want them to have fun, but I don't want them to get wound up because they are harder to calm down and the noise level may be an issue for my autistic student.

Any ideas for a memorable party?

bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote

donna

Old 11-28-2017, 01:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

How about a simple Polar Express party. Make hot chocolate in a crock pot, wear pjs to school and watch the movie. You can pass out train tickets and get jingle bells to pass out as a souvenir. Lots of fun ideas online😊
donna is offline   Reply With Quote

Lakeside

Guest Readers
Old 11-28-2017, 02:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Have special guest readers in, and do little crafts to go with the books.
Lakeside is offline   Reply With Quote

arctichare

Gift exchange/party idea
Old 11-29-2017, 07:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

This year my class is not doing a traditional gift exchange. I requested that kids bring in a gently used book, game, or puzzle to give the class as a gift if they want to/are able to. Then, on the party day, we are going to have time with friends to read, play games, and put together puzzles.
arctichare is offline   Reply With Quote

broomrider

perhaps the goal
Old 12-10-2017, 02:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

is relaxed and calm rather than memorable?

We were usually finishing off presents for parents and cards we'd made the last day before vacation. Those who'd finished could explore art (play dough was always a big draw) and construction centers (lots of legos & Lincoln Logs from the flea market).

I supplied the Little Debbies cakes and punch most years, unless parents had asked to bring in treats. I always let them know it was an option. I quickly learned to tell parents in all notes to make sure I knew in advance what was going to be donated so I could coordinate--three cakes and no folks was a problem.

This was the time when the students could sit wherever they wanted while we ate and relaxed after.

I had cling wrap and lunch size paper bags in my closet for sending home leftovers. This was one of the few parties the district allowed to have real (sugar!) treats and sometimes the parents tried to make up for all the missed parties.

Most years I was on my own setting up and serving, so the simpler the better for me.

broomrider is online now   Reply With Quote