Help

Second Grade

Where's the "fun" in Fundations?

>

aplusowl

Where's the "fun" in Fundations?
Old 12-06-2017, 07:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello, teacher friends! Does anyone use the Fundations program currently at their school? I have been teaching it for 3 years. At the end of every year, our RRT collects our plans (I'm not sure why )...... I find the handwritten daily plans very tedious and time-consuming. Any recommendations/tips/tricks? We are currently in Level 1 and will soon begin Level 2.

Thanks in advance!

aplusowl is offline   Reply With Quote

ConnieWI

Collecting Plans??
Old 12-10-2017, 06:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Your RRT is making more work than necessary for you.

I would not write your plans by hand. I would type them in your computer at school/home and then save them. Next year you can just print them and use what you typed this year. Why hand write these plans every year? Type them once and use them over and over. You might need to make a few additions or delete something depending on the group you have from year to year, but having them already typed would save you so much time.

I am using the K level with some first graders who do not yet have alphabet letter ID or letter sounds. My intervention time with them is 30 minutes, so the basic Fundations lesson does not take up all that time.

I supplement with rhyming and blending activities. I also made some bingo and Concentration games so they would have fun practicing their alphabet skills. We are also working on sight words that have the sounds of the letters we have studied.
ConnieWI is offline   Reply With Quote