Help

Fourth Grade

Kid being moved out of my room

>

Katluv

Kid being moved out of my room
Old 11-16-2017, 05:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

After Thanksgiving I will be losing a student to another classroom. Not by my request but by the father. To make a very long story semi short, this family is new to our area. The place they came from had 300 kids in the whole district. This boy I have was "gifted" in his school and according to the parents is not thriving like they think he should be in my room.

Well, the kids is lazy and likes to fly under the radar. He does what he needs to slide by and is very unorganized (forgets to take assignments home to finish, etc.). His parents didn't like his grades at conferences and somehow that is MY fault. The mom was aggressive with me and two days later the dad called my principal to set up a meeting WITHOUT me being in it. He nitpicked everything about me and my classroom (not necessarily my teaching).

After the meeting, I was told I have to accommodate this kid and did so without complaining (help with planner, etc). This arrogant, power hungry a**hole dad asked for another meeting 3 days later and this time I got to be in on it. He didn't bash me much but walked out of the meeting after "not having his needs met" by admin because he doesn't like our state standards and such. There was a lot of talking in circles on his part.

He went to the superintendent (whom I've been close friends with for 25 years!) and bitched for 90 minutes about our school. He asked that his son be moved out of my room but didn't really give a reason why he wanted that. After Thanksgiving is our next trimester so he will be moved. The best part about it is that he was told he doesn't get to complain about ANYTHING in this new teacher's room. She is a MEAN, strict teacher who scares the crap out of kids and adults. This kid is going to die in her room. I CAN'T WAIT to watch! I don’t wish anything bad on the kid but I want the parents to wish they hadn’t moved him.

Hard not to take this kind of thing personally after 25 years of teaching but this guy truly is a whack job!

Last edited by Katluv; 11-16-2017 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Katluv is offline   Reply With Quote

okteach

Old 11-16-2017, 07:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Be glad you wont have to deal with those parents anymore.
okteach is offline   Reply With Quote

MeMimi

Old 11-18-2017, 05:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'd say count your blessings!!
MeMimi is offline   Reply With Quote

mommy9298

Old 11-18-2017, 06:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Enjoy watching the show from a distance.
mommy9298 is offline   Reply With Quote

binkbonk

Old 11-18-2017, 06:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Count your blessings indeed! He did you a favor!

binkbonk is offline   Reply With Quote

Munchkins

Itís a win!
Old 11-18-2017, 06:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

You donít need the nonsense, and the other teacher wonít have to put up with it, either. Beautiful! Kept us posted- Im happy for you!
Munchkins is online now   Reply With Quote

Katluv

I am
Old 11-18-2017, 07:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Relieved to say the least but the fact that this jerk never really gave anyone an answer as to what I did that was so bad bugs me! Iím not saying Iím perfect but in my long teaching career Iíve never had a parent complaint and I know a lot of kids really like me (including this one).

I am hanging out with my friend, our superintendent this weekend and he just shakes his head and laughs at this guy!
Katluv is offline   Reply With Quote

teachinks

Moving kids out of classroom
Old 12-19-2017, 02:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I've had two moved out of my classroom this year. What a confidence deflator...One was moved out of my room because I had him in 2nd grade and Mom thought I wouldn't keep my thumb on him (he was made to redo papers and disciplined--really didn't have him long enough) and the other because I messed up at conferences. This is my first year back in fourth grade and the math is definitely something that I have to study or ask for help on. I tried explaining something to a mom and it went horrible. After conferences, she requested that her daughter be moved out of my room. Well, she did well in Math except working independently. I always tell my kids that I want them to try first. Anyways, she would always volunteer during my lessons but always acted like she didn't know what to do afterwards. To make a long story short, I thought we were over it by Thanksgiving but she got moved out of my room. Like the others said, be glad that you don't have to deal with those parents anymore.
teachinks is offline   Reply With Quote