Why pastor hates music director - flipping unbelievable! - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Why pastor hates music director - flipping unbelievable!

>

BioAdoptMom3

Why pastor hates music director - flipping unbelievable!
Old 01-02-2018, 01:59 PM

He, the pastor actually told a woman in our church who is a realtor and took him/family to look at homes that he resented our cantor (music director) because he had gotten a 2% raise in January and the call committee interviewed him in March! He had concerns about his salary package. He said this in the woman's car with his wife and children (then 11 & 8) present and proceeded to bash other members of our church as well!

Nancy

BioAdoptMom3 is online now   Reply With Quote

fish2

Old 01-02-2018, 02:05 PM

Wow, that's not a very Christian attitude. I don't think he's the type of person I would trust. Sorry you are all dealing with this situation.
fish2 is offline   Reply With Quote

jjwires

Old 01-02-2018, 02:07 PM

That's awful, but God has a perfect plan for your congregation. We're still praying for you.
jjwires is offline   Reply With Quote

twin2

Old 01-02-2018, 02:57 PM

That's really sad. It is more common that people speak things in front of children that children should not hear. It's sad that a pastor is one of those individuals. I hate that such things happen among so called Christians, because it does discourage others from the church world. As you know there really are people genuinely living for the Lord, who may not be perfect, but do their best to do right by people and please the Lord. Pray for this pastor, that he find the real love of God and his heart be changed, or that he is removed from a position in which he can hurt so many.
twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Renea

Old 01-02-2018, 04:08 PM

Your pastor seems unable to edit his comments. Most of us know not to make negative statements about the salaries of staff members. It sounds like he's sinking his own ship!

Renea is offline   Reply With Quote

lilyclaire

Old 01-02-2018, 07:47 PM

I am sincerely hoping your pastor moves on soon!! Our church was in a terrible situation a few years back with a very mouthy and rude pastor. Many long-time members were on the verge of leaving. He thankfully took another position out of state and we are now blessed with a wonderful, caring minister. I wish the best for you and your congregation while you deal with this difficult person.
lilyclaire is online now   Reply With Quote