Help

BusyBoard

Assessment Tool

>

Lillybabe

Assessment Tool
Old 01-01-2018, 05:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Last year a colleague of mine used a website based assessment program and I can't for the life of me remember what it is called. For this program you created an assessment that essentially looked like a powerpoint presentation and they kid sat with you 1-on-1. You showed it to the student and there was a button the teacher could discretely press to indicate if they knew it or not. For example, if a child was working on letter identification and they read the letter f as g you could press the shift key to indicate they got it wrong. Anyone have any idea what website this might be? I feel like it was free but it could have cost something I don't remember. I tried getting ahold of the colleague but have yet to hear back from her. I am looking for an easy way to do some basic skill assessments with my kindergarten group when we come back from break.

Lillybabe is offline   Reply With Quote

renielen

Old 01-01-2018, 08:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Is it ESGIsoftware.com?
We use it! You can get a 60 day trial. Our school purchased it for us this year.
renielen is online now   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 01-02-2018, 05:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Yes - it's ESGI. The best thing ever! You can do a free trial but after that it's like $150-200 per year? Something like that, but worth every penny. I'm in kinder and it saves me so much time and frustration.
Sbkangas5 is online now   Reply With Quote

VivianCP

Old 01-02-2018, 09:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Yes! ESGI! it!
VivianCP is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 01-03-2018, 05:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I looked up ESGI, but the website isn't giving me the specifics I want. Tell me more!

Zia is online now   Reply With Quote

Lillybabe

Free Trial
Old 01-03-2018, 06:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I might try the free trial but $200 is quite inexpensive to purchase for my small class I doubt I can get the school to shell it out.
Lillybabe is offline   Reply With Quote

VivianCP

Zia
Old 01-03-2018, 07:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

You might have to look up ESGIsoftware as a PP mentioned. It is a website that you use to assess students. It is so easy, especially for testing the kinders. I used to dread testing, gathering flashcards, items to sort, etc. And the testing took so long for all the 1 on 1 stuff.

With ESGI, all your tools are on the website. Whether you have 5 min or 35 minutes, you have time for some testing. You can create your own tests or use theirs. A lot of teaching professionals have put tests on there for your use also. You can get a free trial & they will never delete your data, if you cannot upgrade to a paid account right away.

It is so easy to use and such a time saver. You will not be disappointed. Check it out!
VivianCP is offline   Reply With Quote

iteachk2010

ZIA and Lillybabe
Old 01-04-2018, 11:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Here is a link to ESGI. https://www.esgisoftware.com/# You can sign up for the free 60 day trial. It is pricey-$199/year subscription licence, but you might be able to get a discount. I bought it myself the first year, but was able to convince our administration to purchase it for the entire K team after that. Maybe you can get administration or PTA to purchase a license for you.

I think that you will find that it is a great assessment tool and saves you a lot of time. You can use already created assessments or create your own. We use it for all the individual assessments we do for report cards and for progress monitoring. (We created assessments that correlated to our district assessments so we use those, but ESGI has already-created assessments and offers assessments created by people with names you might recognize like Deedee Wills, Kim Adsit, Donna Whyte, Greg Smedley, Marsha McGuire.)

We've been using ESGI for several years. I like the convenience of using it on the iPad. (I use my computer to go to my website when I want to print out reports.)

For each item, you click y (yes) or n (no) to indicate whether the child was correct/not correct or was able to do it/not able to do it. You can add your own notes. i.e. read b for d, read saw for was, said 12 for 21, skipped 8 when counting... You can do item analysis to see how your class did overall on each item and identify which students need to continue to work on specific items.

You are able to print out reports for individual students and send home to parents. You can create parent letters. You can click on history to see an individual student's progress over time. You can create flash cards.

There is also a Classroom Management Tool which I haven't used that has templates and pictures that you might want to check out.
iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote