Help

First Grade

book fair prizes

>

girl9987

book fair prizes
Old 01-02-2018, 07:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi everyone! I posted this on the private school board, but wanted to post it here too. I teach in a small Christian School and am organizing our first Book Fair with Scholastic. I'm very excited about it and have tons of ideas. The money we raise with our Book Fair will be used to purchase much needed new books for our school library. Has anyone had success with a Scholastic Book Fair before?

One of the ideas I had was a coloring/poster contest. Lower elementary will color flyers and upper elementary will design posters to promote our Book Fair. A winner from each will be chosen and the posters/colored flyers will be hung in our school. I also thought about doing some kind of raffle during our family night event. For each book purchased, your name will go into a raffle that will be drawn at the end of the week.

So my question is.....does anyone have any good ideas that I could use for prizes for both the contest and the raffle? Our school does not have the money for purchase any type of prizes and I thought about getting business donations, but I'm not very good at asking for free stuff. Also, any advice/suggestions you might have to help our Book Fair will be greatly appreciated!

girl9987 is offline   Reply With Quote

SaraFirst

prizes
Old 01-03-2018, 10:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Our library has used some of the posters sold during the book fair as prizes. Kids love them and they are inexpensive. Good luck!
SaraFirst is offline   Reply With Quote

cabernet

Old 01-03-2018, 04:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Our school sometimes used what they got from scholastic to let winners choose a free book.
cabernet is offline   Reply With Quote