Help

First Grade

This is what I love about 1st grade!

>

ICrazyTeach

This is what I love about 1st grade!
Old 01-23-2018, 08:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

First, I hardly ever post on this board. I have taught 1st on and off for nearly 20 years, but I still think of myself as a kindergarten teacher!

One of my first graders has been struggling with reading since the beginning of kindergarten. He spent most of kinder working to learn letter names. This year he has really struggled to read anything. With snow days and winter break and assessments, it's been awhile since I sat down with him and heard him read one-on-one. He has mostly been reading with an interventionist the last few weeks. Anyway, he sat down to read with me today. I thought the book would be a bit of a challenge. He blew right through it! Not a single miscue! Completely fluent! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE seeing the "click" that happens with first graders when all the skills finally sink in and they take off as readers!

ICrazyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

case

Old 01-25-2018, 06:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have been a 2nd grade teacher for many years. I have the opportunity to move to first next year, but I'm having a hard time deciding if that's what I really want to do. I got on this board this morning looking for persuading reasons to move down a grade. This was the first post I read. Maybe a move is just what I need!
case is offline   Reply With Quote

linda2671

I love the everyday progress you see in first
Old 01-25-2018, 05:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I love sitting down with my guided reading groups and seeing progress every single day. It might be that they picked up one letter combination or wrote a new word, but you can see it every day if you are monitoring it closely.
linda2671 is offline   Reply With Quote