Help

Kindergarten

bee-bots

>

Sbkangas5

bee-bots
Old 02-01-2018, 06:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone use these? Wondering if they are worth the cost, and how many you would recommend.

Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

ITchComputers

Love them
Old 02-01-2018, 09:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

They can be used for virtually any curricular area. Anything that you might do as a worksheet can be used with a Bee-Bot. My favorite "mat" is the card mat because you can put anything on that.

I typically have 2-4 students per Bee-Bot each with a job:
Driver - pushes the buttons to program the Bee-Bot
Programmer - comes up with the moves the Bee-Bot should make & lays out coding cards or writes the program on a white board or piece of paper so the driver can type in the program
Debugger - watches Bee-Bot and the written program to identify any "bugs" in the program
Other - Reads the clue to figure out where Bee-Bot should go. For example, if you're reviewing math, maybe students roll dice and have to figure out which number Bee-Bot should go to. Or, if you're reviewing beginning letter sounds, this student picks a "clue" which is either a letter and they have to find a picture on the mat that starts with that letter or the "clue" is a picture and they have to find the letter on the mat. If you don't have 4 students, you can combine jobs. Students rotate jobs so all students can do all jobs.

If you don't want to purchase a class set, Bee-Bots can work well as a small group or center activity.
ITchComputers is online now   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 02-02-2018, 04:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you! I've thought they look like they have a lot of uses but that gives me many ideas. I have $500 to spend so was thinking of buying a couple to use in small groups. Yay!
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

SevernK

Bots
Old 02-02-2018, 05:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I love to using them to teach literacy and phonics skills! I use posterbaord to create different maps that the bots can follow. For example, I may have a poster board with different rhyming words. The students must program their bots to make paths between corresponding rhyming words. The kids love it!
SevernK is offline   Reply With Quote