Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Dd’s boyfriend is crazy....

>

lisa53

Dd’s boyfriend is crazy....
Old 02-07-2018, 03:01 PM

He got a new job, in a town about 15 miles from where they live. He doesn’t have a car, but dd can drive him sometimes, and there is limited bus service leaving his town early in the morning direct to his work location, and returning late afternoon. There’s also one that stops around 3 pm at the high school, about halfway to his town (so dd could meet him without driving 30 miles round trip). We live about 5 miles from his work, and are close to a bus stop as well.

Today he went into work early, and because of the big snowstorm he got out early...so he took the bus that dropped him near the high school at 3 pm. Not safe for dd to drive to get him, so he walked 7.5 miles home in the storm! Thankfully, there is a rail-to-trail that parallels the road so he was off road and not in danger of being hit by a plow (although there are crazy snowmobilers on that trail sometimes...). Took him an hour and a half.

He could have gotten off the bus here, walked 100 yards to our house and stayed here for the night.

Poor guy was soaked to the skin, cold to the bone, and exhausted when he got home...but really? Where’s his common sense?

lisa53 is offline   Reply With Quote

mom23kids

Old 02-07-2018, 03:13 PM

OMG.. Poor guy. I guess he really didn't want to bother anyone! I hope this job is worth all these hassles. Good luck to him!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 02-07-2018, 03:35 PM

Maybe he didn't want to in pose on you. Let him know he is welcome to come to your home any time,
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 02-07-2018, 08:50 PM

Wow! I hope he has an app to track his steps! At least that would provide some sense of accomplishment for him ! Seriously I am so glad he arrived home safely!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote